Header Link Map

Image Map

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cookie Day 2011

32 years ago Brad's grandmother started a tradition that they called "Cookie Day".  All able family members got together around the holidays and baked cookies.  She passed away 10 years ago, but the tradition continues and now the fourth generation is beginning to join in the festivities.

There wasn't a definite count, but I do know that Friday night we made 24 batches of cookie dough.  Even without doing the math you can imagine that that is a boat load of cookies.  I would estimate that we baked about 1300 cookies???.

They have always made the same 4 cookies: Peanut Butter Kisses, Thumbprints, Mexican Wedding Cakes, and Chocolate Puffs. 
Mel was quite the worker, as usual.  Here she is with her new friend, Brookelyn... 

Taste testing.  Shh!  It all bakes out, right? 

Mel and Stuart... 
And below is Miss B who has been counting down the days until Cookie Day since this summer... 
Yep!  That's right folks!  She didn't get out of her PJs until noon and finally started helping when we were close to being finished!

The Peanut Butter Kisses... 

The happy little helper... 


The icing queen... 
Thumbprints... 
Still working... 


B did eventually come out to help...

Pretending to blow powdered sugar everywhere... 
Then laughing about it!  Love this girls sense of humor!... 
Aunt L and Mel... 
This was what she looked like after about one hour of rolling the dough balls in the powdered sugar...


The guys don't really like to help with the whole Cookie Day thing.
I don't know why, but they would rather shoot clay pigeons than bake. :0) 


And to top the day off, the girls got to have a sleep over!
Well, B and Brookelyn did. 
Our phone rang at 11:00 and we had to go pick Mel up.  She woke up crying.  I think she was just overly tired. 

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had an amazing fun filled day! The cookies look yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang!! That is a BUNCH of cookies, they look awesome. What a neat tradition to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much fun!!! My dad loves Mexican Wedding Cakes. They are on my list of things to make in the next couple weeks. LOVE Miss B.'s pics in the powdered sugar. Those are precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome tradition....I bet the guys do their fair share of eating those cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the b&w one of Mel near the top after taste testing. And you guys might be just a wee bit crazy, but it looks like you had fun! Happy cookie eating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting these pictures, Sarah! I sure hated to miss the day but Dustin's work Christmas party was that day! Mel is so stinkin' cute! Miss you guys bunches! Give my love to the rest of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your family has an annual cookie day! So cute! Plus those cookies look amaaazing!

    Just stopping by from Mingle Monday!

    -Sarah from [life of love]

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing idea! I love making tons of cookies during the holidays and sharing them. I admit I've never made 1300, but it feels so good to be baking. Bravo to you!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment and I respect all of your opinions. However, I ask that your comments be respectful as well. I reserve the right to delete any offensive comments.

Web Statistics